Jukebox Castle and Top New Orleans Chefs Offer a New Spin on the SEVEN DEADLY SINS
Mardi Gras kick-off fuses music and theatre with specifically created food for this first-time ever event!
One Night Only! Friday, January 6, 2017 at 7:30pm
(New Orleans, LA) Dec 4, 2016 -The Seven Deadly Sins—Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride—will take center stage when Jukebox Castle and Creative Director David Castillo presents the innovative fusion-arts event SEVEN DEADLY SINS on Friday, January 6, 2017 at 7:30pm in New Orleans, LA.
Timed perfectly with the first day of the Mardi Gras season, SEVEN DEADLY SINS uses theatre as a vehicle to indulge in all five senses through the creations of eight of New Orleans’ best chefs and world-class musicians. SEVEN DEADLY SINS is a first-of-its-kind production that gives the audience the unique opportunity to celebrate New Orleans’ culinary arts scene in a fresh, immersive experience. As the audience revels in the SEVEN DEADLY SINS through the visual and musical arts, the other three senses will be satisfied through the chefs’ sinful artistic interpretations in a seven-course tasting menu.
Music selected include Bach BWV 54 “Just Resist Sin,” Kurt Weill and Bertolt Brecht’s “The Seven Deadly Sins,” and a performance by Counterclassic that fuses DJ, Instrumentalists, and Projection Mapping.
About the SEVEN DEADLY SINS New Orleans Chefs
- "Sloth" - TENNEY FLYNN, Executive Chef and Co-Owner of GW FINS
- "Pride" - OCTAVIO YCAZA, Executive Chef of the upcoming LA MIGNONETTE, attached to and an extension of The Old Absinthe House
- “Wrath” - DANA HONN, Head Chef and Co-Owner of CARMO
- "Gluttony" - KEVIN BELTON, WWL, WYES-TV and New Orleans School of Cooking
- "Lust" - PHILLIP LOPEZ, Executive Chef, Co-Owner, and Creative Director of ROOT, SQUARE ROOT, ROOT2, THE TEST KITCHEN, PETIT LION, and PART & PARCEL DELICATESSEN
- "Greed" - TRAVIS JOHNSON, District Executive Chef of SODEXO, TULANE, & LOYOLA
- “Envy” - WILL AVELAR, Chef de Cuisine of Emeril Lagasse’s new restaurant MERIL
About SEVEN DEADLY SINS
The Seven Deadly Sins is a satirical ‘sung ballet’ in seven scenes created by German composer Kurt Weill to a libretto by Bertolt Brecht in 1933 under a commission from Boris Kochno and Edward James. It would be the pair’s final collaboration after fleeing Nazi Germany.
- Claire Shackleton as Anna I (New Orleans Opera, Glimmerglass Opera)
- Benjamin Lee as the Father (Opera Theatre St. Louis)
- Tyrone Chambers as the Brother (New Orleans Opera, Germany Tour of Porgy and Bess)
- Efraìn Solìs as the Brother (San Francisco Opera, Metropolitan Opera National Finalist)
- TBA as the Mother
- Christopher Astilla, New Orleans-native performing Piano and Harpsichord
- DJ Blinkhorn
- Quannumthrow, 3D projection mapping artist
- Sofia Hailu, Flute
Ryan Amador serves as the Stage Director for the production.
Nina Camacho serves as the Food & Beverage Director.
Matthew and Becky Noel serve as the Directors of Photography.
The SEVEN DEADLY SINS begins at 7:30pm on Friday, January 6, 2017. Doors will open at 7:00pm for dining and drinking.
Tickets can be purchased online via EventBrite at www.jukebox7.eventbrite.com or at the door.
Early Bird Tickets start at $99 (for the first 50 customers) and structured in two tiers:
- Mortal Sin VIP Ticket ($199):
- VIP Table Seat to experience performance, 8 course Tasting Menu, Dessert, Unlimited Drinks
- Venial Sin Ticket ($99):
- Ticket to experience performance, 8 course Tasting Menu, Dessert, 2 Drinks
About Jukebox Castle
Jukebox Castle focuses on the development, cultivation, and promotion of projects created in the city of New Orleans that focus on multidisciplinary collaboration of music, movement, visual arts, culinary arts, and spirits. Jukebox Castle strives to redefine the accessibility, relevance, and connection that the arts have with and within any community. Jukebox Castle produces projects that are fully collaborative, financially stable, accessible, innovative, portable, and immersive into a powerfully fused sensory experience.
Jukebox Castle currently functions under the 501(c)3 non-profit organization Horizon Music Group.
Follow Jukebox Castle and SEVEN DEADLY SINS on social media:
Event: Jukebox Castle Presents SEVEN DEADLY SINS
Date: Friday, January 6, 2017 at 7pm
Venue: St. Charles Room, Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70118
Tickets: Price: Starting at $99
In Person: At The Door
Press Contact: David Castillo